For those who are not familiar with digital slot car racing, N-Digitalís two primary benefits are that it allows you to race more cars than there are lanes on the track, and because you can pass other racers it also gives you the opportunity to use some strategy.
Digital Master Track V.09 Set:
Includes 46+ feet of track, guardrails, bridge support, digital transformer, digital control unit, four lane change tracks, three digital controllers and three decoder chips to convert any three 1/32 slot cars, so youíre not limited to cars you really donít want or only cars made by NINCO. Designed to fit on a 5' x 9' Ping Pong table or the track can be spread out to a fantastic racing layout for those that have more space.
Existing Ninco race sets & circuits can be digitalized with NINCOís N-Digital Conversion Kit; set multiple race programs in all categories (rally, raid, GT, etc.) and on the 3 track surfaces (asphalt, snow and off-road).
The Multifunction Digital Control Unit is the heart of the system, allowing race control for up to eight (8) lanes of racing. The console data screen displays racing information for the race leader and sound signals for all drivers: time, lap and fastest lap, fuel consumption simulation, management for cars with and without lights, fastest reaction speed from driver to car. There are 7 race modes that can be programmed by the console including racing for one person as well as several different multi-player options. The modes are :
- GP (Grand Prix): Can be programmed for race distance in laps or time. Displays each driverís info including top speed, lap speed, fastest lap, and position.
- WR (World Rally): Used as a single rally stage, this mode gives individual times for up to 8 drivers. Can be programmed by laps or time. The display will give you finishing positions plus individual information for each driver.
- FL (Fastest Lap): Used for selecting qualifying times for race positions. Displays personal information for each driver.
- NS (Non Stop): Used for endurance racing, can run indefinitely and continually maintains driver information for fastest lap plus race positions.
- PS (Pit Strategy): The Pit Lane Kit must be installed for this mode to operate. Racing is the same as the GP mode, but a number of required pitstops can be programmed, for example a 5 minute race with 3 pitstops. In PS mode, a car is given a fuel allowance, which reduces during the race. Driving fast will use more fuel, driving slower will use less fuel. When the system determines that your tank is empty, your controller will vibrate and you have to enter the pits to refuel, failure to make a pitstop will reduce the power to your car. While stationary in the pits, your fuel will refill and then you can then rejoin the race. If youíre near the end of the race and donít need a full tank, you can hit the Lane Change button on your digital controller and override the refueling and get out of the pits.
- AG (Arcade Group): An easy competition mode, this will run a timed knockout competition between up to 8 drivers. At each stage the slowest driver will be eliminated, and there is a final race between the best two drivers.
- AS (Arcade Single): This is an individual race against the clock. Select the time or laps to be raced, and race by yourself. At the end of your race, the console will reset with a reduced time for you to try and beat and will continue to do so until you reach a point where you canít beat the computer!
The 3 Amp N-Digital Transformer provides the power for up to four cars. NINCO recommends a second transformer when running more than four cars and/or are using slot cars with modified motors. One transformer is included in each N-Digital race set and with the N-Digital Conversion Kit.
The Decoder Chip is used to convert almost any analog slot car (Artin, Ninco, Spirit, etc.) to the N-Digital system. The chip is easily mounted on the chassis with the included double sided tape and is hooked up between the guide and the motor without the need for soldering, drilling, or any other major modifications (except for cars that do not use a traditional guide/lead wire set up). The chipís circuit board has an extra set of hook ups for cars with lights.
The Digital Controller has a trigger to control the speed and brakes of the digital slot car and a thumb button to change lanes or to enter the pit lane. The controller vibrates when: you set the fastest lap of the race; you are low on fuel; there is only one lap or one minute left in the race. The controller features an ergonomic, anti-fatigue design with a soft yet super grip handle and color coded strips used to identify each controller.
The Control Tower displays the race position of each car and either the number of laps or minutes remaining in the race. The display is updated every time a car crosses the start/finish line, so the racing results are always displayed in real time. You can also use more than one Control Tower on the same track and it swivels 360į, so it can be positioned anywhere and still viewed easily.
Lane changes are accomplished with absolute precision on Lane Change Tracks as each car passes, and can be set far in advance of the actual change. Changes occur in a straight line from right to left, in a straight line from left to right, and passing from lane 2 to 3 and 3 to 2 with the Multi-Lane Kit. There is no way to accidentally change lanes, even when the cars are very close. Naturally, with the Pit Lane Kit the drivers have access to the pit lane as well.
Track Compatibility is 100% with existing NINCO asphalt, snow and off-road tracks and by using the NINCO Adapter Tracks, other brands of non-digital slot car track systems can be used with N-Digital.
The main features are designed to enhance racing to the most professional level available, making NINCO N-Digital the benchmark performer in the slot racing world.
NINCO N-Digital is compatible with most brands of 1:32 scale or 1:24 scale slot cars, but NINCO only guarantees the correct operation of the system with products manufactured by NINCO, not being responsible for the consequences of use of products of any other brand, be they cars, tracks or accessories.
BRS Overview - Ninco N-Digital is a great choice for those who want to do any of the following: race different brands of 1/32 slot cars, tune cars with different motors, have very good electrical power to reduce or eliminate power surges on the track, support racing up to 8 cars simultaneously, race digitally on a 4 lane track, set up an off-road digital track. This makes N-Digital the most versatile digital system on the market. We recommend you start out with Ninco brand slot cars as they are the easiest to install the decoder chip in and they perform well on an N-Digital track.